HST setup for ix/386

Larry Snyder larry at nstar.UUCP
Mon Mar 12 21:58:49 AEST 1990

In article <9003120607.AA14445 at decwrl.dec.com>, paine at fungus.enet.dec.com (Willy Paine) writes:
> It is getting closer but I am getting garbage.  It is not baudrate
> problem but it looks like flow control problem.  Sometime I can read
> only one word and others are all garbage.  My HST is older than HST Dual
> Standard so what is the difference between HST DS or 14.4 and older HST.

Yes - make sure you program the modem and right the registers to NRAM
at the SAME baud rate that you are locked the DTE between the modem
and the computer at.  If not, you will get the problem you describe (or
at least I did).

--
The Northern Star Public Access Unix Site, Notre Dame, Indiana USA
     uucp: iuvax!ndmath!nstar!larry    internet: larry at nstar