COHERENT -- cheap *nix clone from Mark Williams CO

Phil Hughes fyl at ssc.UUCP
Thu Mar 22 09:48:01 AEST 1990

In article <26433 at ut-emx.UUCP>, allred at ut-emx.UUCP (Kevin L. Allred) writes:
> On page 37 of the April Dr. Dobb's Journal is an add for a cheap UNIX
> clone ($100) called COHERENT from Mark Williams CO.

Mark Williams and Coherent are real.  I reviewed the XT version of
Coherent years ago.  The review appears on Page 28 of the March, 1986
issue of UNIX/World Magazine.  At the time it was $500 and not a bad
product.  Not UNIX but pretty close for a reasonable price.  I expect that
in over 4 years they have managed to add features.
--
Phil Hughes, SSC, Inc. P.O. Box 55549, Seattle, WA 98155  (206)FOR-UNIX
     uunet!pilchuck!ssc!fyl or attmail!ssc!fyl            (206)527-3385