GATEWAY Warranty (:-(

Uri Blumenthal uri at arnor.UUCP
Sat Mar 10 02:12:13 AEST 1990

Hello everybody!

	Just wanted to share with you my bad experience with
	the GATEWAY warranty. The main problem - instead of
	12 months they basically cover about 11. Not a big
	deal, you say - but when my serial/parallel card
	went off one week before the full year, and they
	politely explained that the only thing they can do
	for me is to sell a new card - I felt rather upset.

	The same thing with an upgrade of video (well, that
	happened a month ago). I asked them if they could
	upgrade my monitor (Samsung MultiSync, 800x600) to
	something 1024x768. They said: "The only thing we can
	do is to sell NEC 3D monitor for $650 to you." Of
	course I could do whatever I wish with my old one.

	So if you need a cheap and rather reliable machine -
	probably you could go with GATEWAY. Their Tech Support
	is not bad. But if you're looking for the good warranty,
	you may think twice.

Regards,
Uri Blumenthal		uri at ibm.com, bywater!arnor!uri