Second request for help

Yaser Doleh doleh at math-cs.kent.edu
Thu Mar 8 10:48:38 AEST 1990

In article <971 at soleil.UUCP>, gendel at soleil.UUCP (Gary Gendel) writes:

> I find it hard to believe that no one on the net has ever tried ESIX!  I'm
> looking for comparisons to SCO and Interactive in terms of functionality and
> reliability as well as support.  Any ideas why SCO and Interactive is 3X the
> price of ESIX? Any information is better than a second no response.

I don't know anything about SCO or Interactive. I have ESIX. To me it works
fine. X windows was slooooooow until I put a 80387 in. I have a 1542 SCSI
controller with a maxtor drive (I don't recall the model number, it's
about 234MB formatted). The SCSI driver is slow put it's O.K. if
your machine does not swap alot. I have 8MB memory. That's what you need
at least if you want to use X windows.

I heard that Interactive is faster in general. I know that X windows is
faster, I seen it.

I don't know Anything about SCO.

> Thanks in advance.

You are welcome.

> Second, does anyone know of a 386 motherboard by the name of Hornet?  The
> machine that I am expecting to purchase has one of these in it!

I never heard of it. I got mine from SABINA.

> Many more thanks...

If you have any questions about ESIX, I can answer them. Feel free to
send me mail.