Archive Tapes

Bill Campbell campbell at Thalatta.COM
Wed May 9 08:19:53 AEST 1990

In article <36 at maxx.UUCP:> tyager at maxx.UUCP (Tom Yager) writes:
:>In article <1990May3.133709.386 at orfeo.radig.de>, peter at orfeo.radig.de (Peter Radig) writes:
:>> Dante_A_Nicolello at cup.portal.com writes:
:>> >I am having two problems with an Archive 60 meg Fastape.
:>> >Problem one:
:>> >        Tape does not stream.
:>>
:>[deleted]
:>I've got a nearly identical configuration running here, except that I've got
:>a 125MB Archive instead of the 60. Should be the same controller, though. I've
:>had no trouble getting it to stream to the tape, but be aware of this: The
:>tape NEVER streams when you do a verbose tar. Each group of lines that kicks
:>out to the display makes the tape do a start/stop.
:>
I have an Archive FastTape 150 running on SCO Xenix 2.3.2GT and it streams
just fine even with verbose tar!  This is with a 33Mhz 386 and 32K cache.
--
....microsoft--\                    Bill Campbell; Celestial Software
...uw-entropy----!thebes!camco!bill 6641 East Mercer Way