Need Help With Usenet On 386

thomas at uicbert.eecs.uic.edu thomas at uicbert.eecs.uic.edu
Sat May 5 03:24:00 AEST 1990

I am looking for some assistance with implementing Usenet service on a
386 platform.

I am with the University of Illinois at Chicago.  We are trying to provide
some form of Usenet on a local area network.  Our servers are ATT 386's
running System V R 3.2. We have the Wollongong implementation of TCP/IP
over Starlan 10 boards and twisted pair wiring.

Does anybody know of an implementation of the Usenet software that has been
ported to such a configuration and where we can obtain it.

Any information regarding this is sincerely appreciated.  I can be reached
by e-mail at: thomas at elmer.cba.uic.edu

Thanks!

David E. Thomas
UIC/CBA Computer Services