2 3c503 Ethernet boards on ISC 2.2 or 2.0.2

Karl Denninger karl at naitc.com
Thu May 31 07:03:56 AEST 1990

Hi there!

We're trying to set up ISC 2.x as a router on TCP/IP, and of course to do
this you need two interfaces in the machine.

There is a section in the 2.2 manuals on doing just this, and I've followed
it as well as possible.  However, it doesn't work.

If I set up the second card, neither one works.  The first device can't be
found at all (/dev/el), the second board appears to be there, I can ping
and telnet to myself, but can't reach any other hosts.

These are both 3Com 3c503 (Etherlink II) boards, are indeed set up for
different base addresses and shared memory locations, and I have edited the
appropriate files in the kernel configuration (and it appears to make
sense).

Any assistance appreciated.

--Karl Denninger
karl at naitc.naitc.com