sco.opendesktop mailing_list gateway

Ed Hew edhew at xenitec.on.ca
Tue May 8 13:25:27 AEST 1990

As many may now be aware, sco.opendesktop is now available as a
proprietary newsgroup from sco.com , uunet.uu.net , and xenitec.on.ca

In an effort to make the contents of this limited-distribution
newsgroup available to sites that may not otherwise have easy
access to a propogating site, and to solicit input from interested
'NETers, we (at xenitec.on.ca) have agreed to operate a unmoderated
bi-directional electronic mailing list for such material.

Incoming articles from sco.opendesktop are automatically gateway'd
to the scoodt mailing list, and all submissions to the mailing list
are automatically posted to the sco.opendesktop newsgroup at
xenitec.on.ca and propogated back to sco.com

The purpose of the mailing list and the commercial product that
it is intended to relate to are briefly described below.  Note that
the information is supplied w.r.t. to the mailing list only, and is
in no way a statement of opinion or endorsement.  To the best of my
knowledge no one here at xenitec.on.ca works for SCO, although we
do know some good people there.

Further Disclaimer:  As this mailing list is unmoderated, the owners
of xenitec.on.ca take no responsibility as to the contents of any
articles which may appear on the mailing list or be forwarded to the
newsgroup, nor any crosspostings which may result from such forwarding.
To make that perfectly clear:  we only forward the articles, we don't
write them.  Anyone contributing to the mailing list does so of their
own volition and at their own risk.

		--ed		{edhew at xenitec.on.ca}

provide a communications vehicle for interested parties to
provide, request, submit, and exchange information regarding
the configuration, implementation, and use of the SCO Open Desktop
operating system as available from The Santa Cruz Operation.

SCO Open Desktop is a UNIX-based complete graphical operating
system produced by The Santa Cruz Operation, Inc.  The system
includes UNIX, a DOS hosting facility, OSF/Motif graphical user
interface, a relational database facility, and networking components
(TCP/IP and NFS).  The system comes in a basic OS version for
single user workstation, a development system, and also a
server configuration.

We recognize the need for the free exchange of ideas and information
about SCO Open Desktop for the benefit of all interested parties, be
they a developer, var, oem, reseller or enduser.

Software and applicable hardware considerations are valid topics.
SCO will take an active, but not dominant role in this mailing
list.  In due time, it may become a full-fledged usenet newsgroup,
but that's up to USENET as a whole to decide when appropriate.

All submissions will be posted as received with appropriate author
attribution.  Questions are welcome.  Someone may even answer them.

Please email (*not* post to USENET) your requests to:

	scoodt-request at xenitec.on.ca

Please email (*not* post to USENET) your submissions to:

	scoodt at xenitec.on.ca

For those suffering without smart mailers, the best bang-path
would likely be:	....!uunet!watmath!xenitec!scoodt-request
(as applicable)		....!uunet!watmath!xenitec!scoodt

Submissions are automatically gateway'd (posted) to the
sco.opendesktop newsgroup.

Inquiries and comments should also be directed to:

		 "scoodt-request at xenitec.on.ca"

'NET.good by facilitating communication and sparing those who don't
want to discuss this topic any unnecessary bandwidth consumption.

My only personal connection to SCO is that I earn an independent
living teaching people how to use some of their products.  This
mailing list was my idea, not SCO's, although I am grateful for
their support and their efforts in getting their internal
sco.opendesktop newsgroup declassified (a process which actually
took several months).

  Ed. A. Hew      SCO Authorized Instructor      XeniTec Consulting Services
  edhew at xenitec.on.ca  | ..!{watmath|lsuc}!xenitec!edhew   |  (519) 570-9848