B&W X grapphics subsystems

Conor P. Cahill cpcahil at virtech.uucp
Wed May 9 09:43:04 AEST 1990

In article <1990Apr27.004437.8893 at virtech.uucp>, cpcahil at virtech.uucp (Conor P. Cahill) writes:
> There are a couple of other companies that have 82786 and/or TI 34010
> based intelligent cards running in the range of $1300 to $1900 for the
> card itself.  I have more info in my office about these cards, so if you
> want more info, send me email.

Several people emailed me for this info, so I thought it best to post:

When recently looking around at new X displays I ran accross the following
two boards:

	Artist graphics TI10/12/16/20 family

		TI 34010 and 34020 based boards running at 50 & 60 MHZ
		various resolutions including:

			1024x768x8	(color)
			1280x1024x4	(color)
			1664x1200x2	(Monochrome)
			1664x1200x1	(Monochrome)

		Artist Graphics
		A Control Systems Company
		2675 Patton Road
		St Paul Minnesota 55113
		(800) 627-8478
		(612) 631-7800

	Univision UDC-200, UDC-2600 Series

		Intel 82786 based boards with many configurations and
		resolutions including the following:

			1280x1024x8	(Color)
			2048x1536x2	(Monochrome)
			1600x1200x1	(Monochrome)

		Univision Technologies, Inc
		Three Burlington Woods
		Burlington, MA 01803
		(617) 221-6700

NOTE: I have not tested/used any of the products listed above.  All
information is directly from marketing blurbs, so it is not verified.

If you are interested, call them.  Not me.
                                                Sterling, VA 22170