SCSI/ESDI Compatability under ISC

Gary Blumenstein garyb at crpmks.UUCP
Wed May 9 02:40:59 AEST 1990

I heard that running both an ESDI controller and a SCSI host adapter
such as Adaptec 154xB simultaneously under ISC UNIX can cause major problems.
That is if it can be done at all.  Does anyone know if this is this true and
if there's a workaround?

I wanted to put a SCSI QIC tape drive in my system but I have an ESDI
(WD-1007VSE-2) disk setup right now.

--
Gary M. Blumenstein, UNIX Network Administrator // CIBA-GEIGY Corporation USA