B&W X grapphics subsystems

Tom Neff tneff at bfmny0.UU.NET
Wed May 2 12:23:32 AEST 1990

In article <59 at grumbly.UUCP> root at grumbly.UUCP (rb duc) writes:
>Believe it or not Alan, there were a number of people a few weeks ago who
>were confused by the name comp.unix.i386.  Do you read every piece of
>documentation you get?

The purpose of the newsgroup is explained both in the
news.announce.newusers postings, and in the 'newsgroups' file
distributed with B news.  Nobody reads EVERY scrap of documentation, but
news.announce.newusers is the FIRST thing everyone ought to read before
posting.  Even then, nobody can memorize every newsgroup, but when the
question of a SPECIFIC group's purpose comes up, the reference document
is the FIRST thing people should check.  There is no excuse.

If "a number of people" (I'm thinking of a certain VERY SMALL number
here ;-) ) got the message the last few weeks, that's good news.