Northgate computer

Mark Fisher fish at gemed.com
Fri May 4 00:57:59 AEST 1990

I don't know much about Northgate Computers.  I just ordered a 386/25
4meg, 64kcache, 110 meg ESDI, and VGA1024 from Gateway.  I am very
happy with the machine.  I rank the quality 9 on a scale of 10.  I got
the manuals for every card in the machine.  The case is solidly built
and the motherboard is a micronics.  On the negative side, it took 3
weeks to get the machine, but it was sent second day Fedex.  On the
whole thumbs up for Gateway.

Before ordering from Gateway, I ordered a 386 from PC Brand.  In
short, a horror story.  The machine came without a hard drive, the
monitor was a 2a not the 3d I ordered.  The invoice said there was a
hard disk and the monitor was a 3d.  The following is NOT an
exaggeration.  It took about 25 phone calls to get the matter
corrected.  Getting a manager on the phone is next to impossible.
Even if you do it won't do any good.  A manager and a supervisor both
made empty promises to me all three times I talked to them.  To
summerize they do not reliably do what they say they are going to do.
Thumbs down for PC Brand.

--
// Mark M. Fisher
// fish at gemed.ge.com