Flavors of *NIX for 386/486

Edwin Barkdoll barkdoll at cattell.psych.upenn.edu
Wed May 30 13:32:36 AEST 1990

	I am considering purchasing a UNIX system to run on an as yet
undetermined machine -- '386 or 486.  My principle applications will
be programming, data analysis and word processing.  I would appreciate
any references to objective (i may be asking too much)
reviews/comparisons of SCO UNIX, Xenix, Interactive 386ix, ESIX and
any other "major players".
	In other words i'm really asking why should i choose one over
another, but by requesting 'objective reviews' i'm hoping to avoid too
much shooting from the hip.  That said,  I'd also appreciate informed
opinions.
	Please respond via email as i don't read these newsgroups often.
	Thanks in advance.

Edwin Barkdoll
barkdoll at cattell.psych.upenn.edu

Edwin Barkdoll