hardware costs, again...

Conor P. Cahill cpcahil at virtech.uucp
Sun May 27 00:05:50 AEST 1990

In article <136279 at sun.Eng.Sun.COM> plocher at Eng.Sun.COM (John Plocher) writes:
	[story of sun PC & its configuration deleted]
>	$3k-$5k depending on qty, educational discounts, etc
>	+ $250 Media charge for OS tape -or-  + $600 Media and full Manual set
>	$800 - $1k 3rd party 110Mb SCSI drive
>	========
>	$4k - $6k (And NO FAN noise!!!)

Now, give me a phone number & contact where I can get that system for that
price - quantity 1.

All of the pricing that has been posted here about the 386s are quantity
1 Jon Q Public prices and you can't compare them to quantity/educational
discounted prices.

In addition, with a 386 system the capabilities for low cost expansion
totally outweigh the capabilities for the sun.

                                                Sterling, VA 22170