UNIX and IDE interface?

Wm E Davidsen Jr davidsen at crdos1.crd.ge.COM
Thu May 31 04:44:36 AEST 1990

  Has anyone ever run Xenix or UNIX on a system with a IDE disk? I can't
seem to get an answer from anyone who's done it, and "it should work"
from a vendor dosn't fill me with confidence.

  I'm looking to put together a very low cost UNIX system, in quantity,
and if I use an IDE interface I think I can do it for <$3k complete,
including software, display, and ethernet. With one per person
performance should not be an issue.

--
bill davidsen	(davidsen at crdos1.crd.GE.COM -or- uunet!crdgw1!crdos1!davidsen)