Interactive UNIX 2.2

Ray Shwake shwake at raysnec.UUCP
Fri May 25 01:06:24 AEST 1990

In article <7820 at uhccux.uhcc.hawaii.edu> todd at uhccux.uhcc.hawaii.edu (Todd Ogasawara) writes:
>In any case, I'm sitting dead in the water with a 33MHz Everex Step 386/33
>until I get 2.2 (2.0.2 won't work with the Everex Step 386/33). In the
>meantime, does anyone actually have 2.2? Does it come with man pages, job
>control, and other goodies we've been waiting for?

I received a flyer recently that outlined the upgrade for ISC UNIX and
its various components. Looking *only* at the basic OS itself, changes include:

- New translatable, colorful (sic) installation procedures
- Support for POSIX-compliant appplications and utilities
- Enhanced documentation, including on-line manual pages
- Improved internationalization support
- New drivers and improvements to existing drivers
- New sendmail with configuration menus
- Support for optional C2 Security and Norton Utilities packages
- Enhanced user class upgrade system (whatever that means)

There is no mention of job control, and I don't know what "other goodies"
you've been waiting for. Since you already have 2.0.2, you should certainly
consider upgrading through ISC distribution in Hollis, NH rather than a new
purchase.