2nd call to vote comp.unix.sco, undecided? PLEAD READ!

Dr. Scump aland at infmx.UUCP
Sat May 5 14:23:23 AEST 1990

In article <54 at grumbly.UUCP> root at grumbly.UUCP writes:
>But the people who aren't interested in dos have to wade through all the
>dos articles to get to the unix posts.  At times there are quite a few
>dos related posts in c.u.i386.

Then how about comp.os.dos to consolidate DOS-specific issues, leaving
comp.sys.ibm.pc for hardware/firmware issues?  Wasn't this idea batted
around a while back?

>  UNIX
>--------   would be a natural for its own group.
>  DOS

Sure, something like comp.unix.dosmerge   (or something less proprietary)
>Is anyone interested in getting this going?  I'm not conversant in making
>new groups (no flames please - fry some ants with a magnifying glass
>or something).

Let's see what kind of feedback comes out...  in any event, I fail to
see how this helps to motivate an SCO-specific additional newsgroup...

--
Alan Denney # Informix # aland at informix.com # {pyramid|uunet}!infmx!aland
 "Confidentially, I never told you of her charms