386ix and Parallel Printers

Mohsen Banan mbanan at bcsaic.UUCP
Tue May 8 01:58:54 AEST 1990

In article <29404 at cup.portal.com> Dante_A_Nicolello at cup.portal.com writes:
>How do I make ISC 3.2 not print a banner page. What I want lpr to do is
>just print the file, then send a form feed, that's all. (Like DOS's
>PRINT command). Which file do I change? There seem to be so many files and
>filters, etc for printting, I can't seem to find the correct one. Thanks.
>

>				Dante
>
>----------------------
>dante_a_nicolello at cup.portal.com    ____
>                                    \  //
>                                     \//

I did this a while back, my memory is not all that great any more.
So take the following recomendations with that in mine.

For Per Invokation basis:
	lp -o nobanner
For per Printer Basis:
	/usr/lib/lpadmin -P printerName -o nobanner
For System Basis:
	create a file called /etc/default/lpd
	and put BANNERS=0 or BANNERS=1 in it.

I think all of this is properly documented,
so if these don't work RTFM.