Cursor keeps disappearing in ISC on the console

T. Sridhar tsridhar at oscar.UUCP
Tue May 8 04:23:41 AEST 1990

I have a problem when I work at the console on an ISC 386/ix
system. The cursor keeps disappearing periodically. This happens
not just in the editor (vi) but also when I am in the shell
prompt. The problem in the editor manifests itself in  a
pronounced way when I do a up/down with the 'k/j' key combination
rapidly.
Is it something to do with the
termcap entry for AT386 which is the terminal type of the
console?
Has anyone experienced a similar problem? Please post
your answers/fixes.

                        Thanks in advance.

                                   Sridhar.