Sendmail + Sites with names in uppercase = Argh!

Denis Fortin fortin at zap.UUCP
Fri May 25 21:26:26 AEST 1990

Greetings!

	I am running ix/386 v.2.0.2, and I have a couple of uucp
neighbours which have UPPERCASE characters in their machine names.  This
causes a problem with sendmail because on a "mail user at SITE.uucp", it
turns the name into "site" and then complains that "site" is unknown.

	I thought of making the entry for "SITE" be "site" in my Systems
file, but then the problem shifts: HDB uucp will not recognize "SITE" as
"site" when it logs into my machine.

	Before I start thinking of big ugly patches, could someone suggest
a way of telling HDB that SITE and site and functionally equivalent machines?
(I don't have the full documentation for the "Permissions" file)

	If not, are there any other ways of fixing this?

	Thanks in advance...

PS. Changing the remote machine names is not really an alternative at this
    point (yes, I know about RFC822).

 Denis Fortin                             | fortin at zap.uucp
  DMR Group Inc.                          |  uunet!philmtl!zap!fortin
  The opinions expressed above are my own |  fortin%zap at larry.mcrcim.mcgill.edu