AIX on Model 80 with X windows question

Peter C. Bahrs pcb at gator.cacs.usl.edu
Wed Sep 5 00:31:09 AEST 1990

I have a model 80 with 300mb hd, 8mb memory and a 20mhz processor.
I have just loaded the new release of IBM AIX 1.2.

X Windows is kind of slow.  When I run ico -r, it doesn't move across the
screen...it chunks across.  The mouse also freezes for small time
periods and then catches up.

I am using a 10mb page space.

Any ideas on fine tuning this machine?

| Peter C. Bahrs                                                         |
| The USL-NASA Project                                                   |
| Center For Advanced Computer Studies      INET: pcb at gator.cacs.usl.edu |
| 2 Rex Street                                                           |
| University of Southwestern Louisiana      ...!uunet!dalsqnt!gator!pcb  |
| Lafayette, LA 70504                                                    |