SYSVR4 available to students/faculty for $100?

Sean Casey sean at ms.uky.edu
Mon Sep 3 03:55:57 AEST 1990

I'm afraid there may have been some misunderstanding. MS at uky is not
making an offer to sell SVR4. I'm simply explaining how the licensing
works. To put it on the many machines they have, ms is going to have to
buy binary licenses. They may make it available to students at the
University.

In any case, they're not interested in supporting it. They don't like
the fact they they have to generate the binary dist themselves. They'll
do what they can to keep it running in-shop.

Note - this is what I have gleaned by talking to the employees there.
It is not an official policy statement of the university.  I have
posted this in an attempt to clear up any wrong impressions I may have
caused.
--
***  Sean Casey          sean at ms.uky.edu, sean at ukma.bitnet, ukma!sean
***  rec.pyrotechnics: "Blow up or shut up."