Does Microport offer Updates to its users?

Pete Holsberg pjh at mccc.uucp
Sat Sep 1 04:30:52 AEST 1990

In article <339 at uport.UUCP> rduc at uport.UUCP (Richard Ducoty) writes:
=>> But what Microport *hasn't* done is to contact owners of 3.0e and offer
=>> an inexpensive upgrade to 4.0 (or even to 3.2!).  Basically, they've
=>> just ignored us.
======================
=
=You're not being ignored by any means.  We think about you every day.
=There might be an upgrade path to 4 in the coming months, but we can't
=make any promises right now.

It warms my heart that you think about me (us?) every day,  :-)  But I'd
rather you just sent me a letter saying "Send us your disk #1 from 3.0e
and $300 and we'll send you the basic set of 4.0 binaries".  In fact,
what I'd really like is a letter saying, "Since we want to increase
awareness of our existence and you are operating a system seen by many
college students, we would like to give you a complete set of everything
there is to have in SVR4.0."  AT&T does it (from time to time), and
Microport is more-or-less trying to get back into the market place.  So...

Pete
--
Prof. Peter J. Holsberg      Mercer County Community College
Voice: 609-586-4800          Engineering Technology, Computers and Math