Copying DOS files to SCO UNIX

Ray Shwake shwake at raysnec.UUCP
Wed Sep 5 00:48:28 AEST 1990

jackv at turnkey.tcc.com (Jack F. Vogel) writes:

>Sorry, the answer is nowhere, you can't get Locus' Merge for Interactive,
>it requires a great deal of code in the kernel to support it. Locus did
>the code in SCO's 3.2 kernel for Merge support. Now since VPiX is ISC's
>own product I doubt very much whether they would be interested in providing
>a competitor's product :-}.

As it turns out, SCO licenses VP/ix from Interactive (who developed VP/ix
with Phoenix) and makes it available for both Xenix and UNIX. They also,
as I understand it, license Lachman's TCP/IP, but Lachman is now part of
Kodak (as is Interactive). According to the ODT Release Notes, both Merge
and VP/ix can be supported. As far as ISC is concerned, however, I suspect
one IS limited to VP/ix alone, as Jack suggests.