Has anyone hacked ftpd to keep a log of outgoing files?

Blair P. Houghton bhoughto at cmdnfs.intel.com
Fri Dec 14 03:25:35 AEST 1990

In article <8295 at uwm.edu> datta at vacs.uwp.wisc.edu (David Datta) writes:
>I guess the Subject says it all, except we are running BSD V4.3
>and the release of ftpd is 4.162. (if that means anything)

If you're not concerned strictly with anonymous-ftp, you'll
also want to fix ftp(1) to record outgoing files.  Anyone
(other than anonymous) who can ftp in and 'get' through
ftpd will be able to log in as a user and 'put', as well,
thus circumventing your ftpd.

				--Blair
				  "That's worth about 2 cents, I guess."