Warning: Failed mail to VMS host

mail-support%cernvax.cern.ch at pucc.princeton.edu mail-support%cernvax.cern.ch at pucc.princeton.edu
Mon Dec 17 21:17:25 AEST 1990

Your message to <@DxMINT.cern.ch:OLAVI%13411.decnet.CERN at CERNVAX.BITNET> could
 not be delivered.
The error message was:

Deferred: %MAIL-E-OPENOUT, error openning as output

This message is equivalent to the DECnet-VAX error message:

 -SYSTEM-F-EXDISKQUOTA, disk quota exceeded

The reason why your message could not be delivered is caused by the fact that
your correspondants account has ran out of diskquota. Please contact your
correspondant (by phone or otherwise) and tell him about this problem.

====== The start of Your original message ======

"Paul de Bra says:"

 writes:
> >I have an application that needs to send/receive stuff from a serial port in
> >an async. manner. I know that Unix's tip forks a seperate processes for
 sending
> >and receiving chars...
>
> Look at the source for kermit (public domain).
> As far as i know it does everything with only one process.

	As far as I know, kermit does fork an extra process for copying
characters back to the terminal while conversing with the other end.  When
kermit is doing a transfer, it needs to know the answers, and, I believe,
kills the other process.  This is based on what I remember of VERY old
source code for kermit (It was about three or four source files then), and
on seeing two kermits when doing a ps while kermit was running on another
terminal.

	At kermit's present size, I just look at enough code to get it
working on whatever system I'm using at the moment.

--
Donald Nichols (DoN.)		| Voice (Days):	(703) 664-1585
D&D Data			| Voice (Eves):	(703) 938-4564