A UNIX weenie confesses...

John A. Weeks III john at newave.UUCP
Fri Dec 28 14:06:05 AEST 1990

In article <1Yst7y#1yY2sB8TrJ2w0Gc4SK4BkdGO=eric at snark.thyrsus.com> eric at snark.thyrsus.com (Eric S. Raymond) writes:

>			Ten Things I Hate About UNIX
> (by a UNIX weenie who has Seen the Light...)

I used to be frusterated working with UNIX while I was in school.  Afterall,
I had the world's best computer at home--a Macintosh!  But during my first
computer job, I had to do some hacking in FORTRAN on an IBM/43xx using nothing
more than X-EDIT (a line editor from hell).  That's when I learned to really
like "vi", and UNIX didn't look all that bad after that experience.

-john-