Preventing date rollback

Wolfgang S. Rupprecht wolfgang at wsrcc.com
Mon Dec 17 08:34:21 AEST 1990

scott at convergent.com (Scott Lurndal) writes:
>If I load an executable, it would be loaded under uid/gid bin with
>read only access.   Therefore the program cannot be altering itself.
>If it tries, too bad, I don't need any software package that badly.
>
>If it is going around mucking about in any file not supplied as part
>of the software package, no self-respecting system administrator will
>want it installed on his system.

Oh it gets worse than that... I have seen packages for CAD design that
want one to recompile vmunix to include some "special" license
enforcing *object* code from that company.  Yea, right.

-wolfgang
--
Wolfgang Rupprecht    wolfgang at wsrcc.com (or) uunet!wsrcc!wolfgang
Snail Mail Address:   Box 6524, Alexandria, VA 22306-0524