Software Obesity (was Re: Jargon file v2.1.5)

Andrew Merritt apm at hpopd.HP.COM
Wed Dec 5 05:09:22 AEST 1990

/ hpopd:comp.unix.internals / jet at karazm.math.uh.edu (J. Eric Townsend) /  2:06 am  Dec  4, 1990 /
In article <1990Dec2.202402.21977 at decuac.dec.com> mjr at hussar.dco.dec.com (Marcus J. Ranum) writes:
>If cars were designed the same way as software is today,
>they'd all have buggy-whip holders (from "Car V1.0") and starter cranks
>(from "Car V2.1") and electric ignitions (from "Car V3.0") and so on.

Ahem.  My state-of-the-art 1969 VW Bug is slotted for a starter crank.
(Dunno about Supers, and my Karman Ghia isn't crankable.)

Now where I'll *find* a crank for it is another story... :-)

--
Well, on my Citroen 2CV6, the wheel-nut wrench doubles as the starting
handle.  I have only used it once on my present car, but a few times on the

Andrew