diskless UNIX

Dirk Koeppen dirk at dksoft.incom.de
Fri Dec 7 05:08:43 AEST 1990

wingo at ncrcae.Columbia.NCR.COM (Dave Wingo) writes:
> I am looking for information about diskless implications for the UNIX
> operating system. This would include thoughts on booting(rarp,bootp,tftp,...?)
> , transition for boot to actually running the loaded kernel, and more
> importantly swap, root dev considerations and other things I have yet
> to consider.

I've seen a diskless AT&T System V/386 Rel. 4 at Nixdorf in Berlin (Germany).
They use a MS-DOS TCP/IP BOOT-PROM to download a secondary bootstrap loader
which then downloads the kernel via TFTP and installs NFS.

They best way to contact them is via FAX:

	Nixdorf MPE GmbH
	Attn: Mr. Axel Lindeblatt
	FAX +49 30 4607-2505

cu,