asserts and unexpected returns (was: Re: Assert)

Larry Wall lwall at jpl-devvax.JPL.NASA.GOV
Thu Nov 1 06:07:39 AEST 1990

In article <18662 at rpp386.cactus.org> jfh at rpp386.cactus.org (John F. Haugh II) writes:
: In article <4093 at awdprime.UUCP> daveb at bach.austin.ibm.com (Dave Burton) writes:
: >I admit, I did look at the sources to verify my understanding
: >before posting to the net.  That's generally considered wise.
: >Perhaps you would fare better if you did the same.
:
: are you in the habit of violating your non-disclosure agreements
: with IBM and AT&T just so you can make your postings?  many of the
: people in this group have access to source code as well, but most
: of us don't run off and read it then report what we find to the
: net.

But the best sources of advice will generally double-check the sources and
then pretend they wrote it out of their head.  :-)

[To whom it may concern:  the undersigned does not at this time have access
to any AT&T proprietary sources.  (Which is obviously why I've been giving
such bad advice lately...  :-)]

Larry Wall
lwall at jpl-devvax.jpl.nasa.gov