Warning: Failed mail to VMS host

mail-support%cernvax.cern.ch at pucc.princeton.edu mail-support%cernvax.cern.ch at pucc.princeton.edu
Tue Nov 20 06:36:44 AEST 1990

Your message to <@DxMINT.cern.ch:OLAVI%13411.decnet.CERN at CERNVAX> could not be
 delivered.
The error message was:

Deferred: %MAIL-W-WRITEERR, error writing

This message is equivalent to the DECnet-VAX error message:

 -SYSTEM-F-EXDISKQUOTA, disk quota exceeded

The reason why your message could not be delivered is caused by the fact that
your correspondants account has ran out of diskquota. Please contact your
correspondant (by phone or otherwise) and tell him about this problem.

====== The start of Your original message ======

I have noticed that the ttyp lines on our Suns retain stty characteristics
even after a user has logged out.  This is ok until someone (or something)
messes with them.  How can I guarantee that all my pseudo terminal lines are
at any predefined stable state?  Must I force an exhaustive set of stty calls
into everyone's .login?

--Ernie Brouwer
  Unix System Administrator
  Calvin College and Seminary
  3201 Burton SE, Grand Rapids, MI 49546-4388
  (616) 957-8548      (V)
  (616) 957-8551      (F)
  ernie at calvin.edu    (E)

P.S.  I am running on a Sun 4/390 SunOs 4.0.3 (BSD 4.2) on a network where
     all access is via ASCII terminal over terminal servers and the ethernet.