How do you find the symbolic links to files.

Jon Brawn jonb at specialix.co.uk
Fri Nov 30 06:43:02 AEST 1990

ddean at rain.andrew.cmu.edu (Drew Dean) writes:

>There seems to be a simple problem here.  Symbolic links come from an old BSD
>release (sorry, I forget my Un*x history, was it 4.2 or 4.1 or earlier; it's
>not in _The Design and Implementation of the 4.3BSD UNIX Operating System_),
>and the poster is trying to use them on System V.  Now, it looks like Sys V is
>broken (what's new :-)), at least with respect to things like man pages.  Since
>a great deal of Usenet (especially the portion on the Internet) runs a
>BSD-derived Unix, the proper answer for BSD is RTFM, because it's all there.

Before I get shot out of the water by AT&T, SCO and/or (&|?) Interactive:

	SVR3 DOES NOT GENERALLY SUPPORT SYMBOLIC LINKS!

Various variations on it may, I don't know. BUT, as they are supported in the
general case, they aren't in the manual. The manuals aren't broken!

--
Jon?
jonb at specialix.co.uk
			"Never be sorry for a might have been."