ioctl's that flush typeahead on SunOS 4.0.3

Per Hedeland per at erix.ericsson.se
Tue Nov 6 22:10:44 AEST 1990

In article <1990Oct31.212012.13776 at usasoc.soc.mil> ted at arsocomvax.socom.mil
(Ted Nolan) writes:

|>worked fine under SunOS 2.X and 3.X, but in 4.0.3 the ioctl (TIOCSETN
|>(bsd) == TCSETS (sysV)) that is documented NOT to flush the input
|>actually does flush it, and our application doesn't work.

|>Am I to gather this is still not fixed in 4.1?

As far as I can determine, the flushing of input that, contrary to
documentation, happened when TIOCSETN changed to/from CBREAK mode in 4.0.3,
is indeed fixed in 4.1, i.e. input does *not* get flushed. I have not tested
what happens when using the termio interface, though.

--Per Hedeland
per at erix.ericsson.se  or
per%erix.ericsson.se at uunet.uu.net  or
...uunet!erix.ericsson.se!per