How do you find the symbolic links to files.

Barry Shein bzs at world.std.com
Mon Nov 26 15:56:23 AEST 1990

>Somewhat faster, but requiring root access, you can use the "ncheck"
>command if your system has it:
>
># ncheck -i 4924 /dev/rsd1c
>
>--
>Gene Spafford

Three cheers for V6 commands...I just used ncheck tonight to unscrew a
file system (well, figure out what fsck was complaining about with
some dup'd inodes, ncheck told me the exact paths so I could jot them
down and make sure the files were on backup tape just in case, before
clearing them, certainly lessened the confusion.)

If your system has them I heartily recommend to everyone reading the
manual pages for ncheck, dcheck and icheck before you need them. Oft
overlooked tools to use before you start saying yes to fsck.
--
        -Barry Shein

Software Tool & Die    | {xylogics,uunet}!world!bzs | bzs at world.std.com