How do you find the symbolic links to files.

Paul Chamberlain tif at doorstop.austin.ibm.com
Wed Nov 28 01:48:06 AEST 1990

In article <12575 at medusa.cs.purdue.edu> spaf at cs.purdue.edu (Gene Spafford) writes:
>Okay, the question is, how do you find all links to a file?
>Hard links are easy.  ... symbolic links  ... "You can't."

This isn't the answer you're looking for but there is a program
that should be in the archives called "ll" to list links.  It
is a simple but fast tree walk.  If it doesn't already support
symbolic links, it seems like it would be easy to add.  In fact,
it seems that all you'd have to do is make sure it doesn't know
about symbolic links and it would, by definition of stat with
respect to symbolic links, find them.

Paul Chamberlain | I do NOT represent IBM.     tif at doorstop, sc30661 at ausvm6
512/838-7008     | ...!cs.utexas.edu!ibmchs!auschs!doorstop.austin.ibm.com!tif