How do you find the symbolic links to files.

Barry Shein bzs at world.std.com
Tue Nov 27 09:22:26 AEST 1990

From: jonb at specialix.co.uk (Jon Brawn)
>OK, so thats found all the real links. Reading the subject line, how
>do you find all the *symbolic* links? How do I access a symbolic link
>file to find out that it IS a symbolic link (I mean from within C, I
>assume stat( char *filename ) is going to stat the pointed too file?)

All the questions you ask are adequately explained in the manual pages
(at least they are in my manual pages, stock SunOS 4.0.3).

Not sure what would be the use of reading them back to you but if
perchance you don't have access to the appropriate man pages send me
mail and I'd be glad to send you the relevant excerpts.

--
        -Barry Shein

Software Tool & Die    | {xylogics,uunet}!world!bzs | bzs at world.std.com