Sun Common SCSI Architecture problems

Colonel Panic hue at island.uu.net
Wed Nov 21 09:39:46 AEST 1990

Hi,

Anyone else out there writing device drivers that plug into SCSA?  I am
having this weird problem where a get_pktiopb() sometimes fails at
boot time in my xxx_slave() function.  All I'm asking for is a six byte
CDB and space for four bytes of sense data, and once in a while it fails
to get it.  Who is stealing all the space out of the iopbmap?

I'm running SunOS 4.1.1 on a SPARC 1+ (4/65).

Also, does anyone know what the format of the GET SCANNER STATUS command
is for a Microtek MSF-400G?  It isn't 0xf 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x6 0x0 (best guess
from the manual).  If I send that I get a CHECK CONDITION and when I get
the sense data it says I gave it an illegal command.  (Yes I did call them,
and no, I haven't gotten an answer back).

--
Only in Marin:  Sign next to waterproof cordless phone in department
store describes it as "Marin Hot Tub Model"

Jonathan Hue	Island Graphics Corp.	uunet!island!hue   hue at island.com