RAM disk.

Larry McVoy lm at slovax.Sun.COM
Wed Oct 17 07:32:08 AEST 1990

In article <6372 at titcce.cc.titech.ac.jp> mohta at necom830.cc.titech.ac.jp (Masataka Ohta) writes:
>As /lib is almost readonly, I recommend you to tune BSD file system
>parameters such as maxcontig with appropriate disk controllers.
>
>Then, you can read entire /lib/libc.a with a single seek.

Don't try this at home, kids, unless you know what you are doing.  This will
work pretty well for the newer SCSI drives that have track buffers but it will
work horribly for old drives such as SMD's (eagles) and older SCSI.  The
controllers mentioned are not common on work stations.
---
Larry McVoy, Sun Microsystems     (415) 336-7627       ...!sun!lm or lm at sun.com