VOTE: voting continues on comp.unix.wizards

Sean Fagan seanf at sco.COM
Thu Oct 25 09:05:22 AEST 1990

In article <18609 at rpp386.cactus.org> jfh at rpp386.cactus.org (John F. Haugh II) writes:
>However, since this red-herring continues to be used as a reason to
>oppose a legitimate vote, I have sent the "formal" "CALL FOR VOTES"
>to Eliot for posting.  At that point in time I suspect he will post
>a note saying the vote now follows all of these unstated requirements.

What happened to the CFD?  The last I recall, there was a discussion in
news.groups, and no clear consensus had been reached as to a) whether or not
to bring the group back, and b) whether or not it should keep the same name.
(I, for example, was leaning towards c.u.esoterica, as a self-moderated
group.)

Then, all of a sudden, jfh said he was tired of all the discussion, and
issued a CFV in c.u.*.

*That* was not according to the guidelines, and is why I will vote NO for
this.

Now, can we *please* keep this discussion out of c.u.i?!  (Note followups,
ok?)