Re^2: RAM disk.

Masataka Ohta mohta at necom830.cc.titech.ac.jp
Sun Oct 28 00:13:07 AEST 1990

In article <1990Oct17.083948.1393 at ctk1.UUCP> chris at ctk1.UUCP
	(Chris Old) writes:

>>Then, you can read entire /lib/libc.a with a single seek.

>Can you do this on Sys5?

Yes, if you rewrite Sys5 to use BSD file system, which is actually done
by almost all workstation vendors.

>>CEO's secretary should have his own workstation, of course.
>
>Get real.

See Newsgroups:. We are talking on a legendary monster called RAM disk.
Though uncivilized MSDOS believers still think that RAM disk really
exists, I can't be so real about the discussion on RAM disk.

>What a silly remark. We are not talking about how we can speed up
>things by throwing money at them, we are talking about how we can
>improve performance of an _existing_ configuration.

???

Wasn't the previous poster claiming merits of *ADDING* a dedicated
RAM disk device?

						Masataka Ohta