suspension of long process

Thomas Hoberg tmh at prosun.first.gmd.de
Sat Oct 13 06:48:40 AEST 1990

Oops, rereading the original posting, I found, that you merely wanted to
stop during the daytime to reduce the load. Workable solutions have been
presented so I won't add any. Still a facility of the kind I described would
be nice, in order to be able to shut down the system (maintenance or other),
and restart it without getting hate mail from users, whose batch monosters
got trashed in the process...
----
Thomas M. Hoberg                                   tmh at prosun.first.gmd.de
GMD Berlin, Hardenbergplatz 2, 1000 Berlin 12, Germany   +49-30-254 99-160