On the silliness of close() giving EDQUOT

Jim Burns gt0178a at prism.gatech.EDU
Sat Oct 20 20:03:05 AEST 1990

in article <BZS.90Oct19233255 at world.std.com>, bzs at world.std.com (Barry Shein) says:

> OS/360/370 interrupted (signal) when there was an I/O error
> (SYNAD=handler) of any sort and you could pick apart what happened in
> the handler() routine.

> The only hard part was knowing where your program was when the error
> struck.

And what do you do if the I/O is done as the result of a close? And worse,
if the close is a result of exit processing, and the process doesn't exist
anymore to get the interrupt? Without timely notification, it's hard to
recover.

--
BURNS,JIM
Georgia Institute of Technology, Box 30178, Atlanta Georgia, 30332
Internet: gt0178a at prism.gatech.edu