CALL FOR DISCUSSION: Give comp.unix control to the wizards

John F. Haugh II jfh at rpp386.cactus.org
Wed Oct 3 14:42:35 AEST 1990

In article <107134 at uunet.UU.NET> rick at uunet.UU.NET (Rick Adams) writes:
>Call it whatever you want, but the real wizards no longer care nor notice.

Well, I think those "programmers" who still care about writing
device drivers for DZ11's might qualify as "wizards".  Unix
wizardness is not limited to select portions of New Jersey and
California.

>In general, anyone who calls themselves a wizards, isn't.

True.  But this still doesn't address the issue, which is, why
can't people who care about unibus maps have a place to hide
that =they= control, and not someone who thinks a unibus map
is the route guide for Trailways in the US.
Ma Bell: (512) 832-8832                           Domain: jfh at rpp386.cactus.org
"SCCS, the source motel!  Programs check in and never check out!"
		-- Ken Thompson