Using sdtlib.h on a Sun system

Kartik Subbarao subbarao at phoenix.Princeton.EDU
Tue Oct 2 07:58:18 AEST 1990

In article <1990Sep30.152249.15810 at fmrco> sy13220 at fmrco (Richard J. Niziak) writes:
>I am fairly new to 'C' and am trying to complie a simple intro
>program on my Sun 4/370. I use two include headers, stdio.h and stdlib.h
>And when the complie goes through, it cannot find stdlib.h.
>I have the entries in the program like this:
>#include <stdio.h>
>#include <stdlib.h>
>Very confused....
>Please help.

stdlib.h is an ANSI Cism. You can only use ANSI C if you have an ANSI C
compiler (such as gcc). Once you are sure that your compiler indeed is an ANSI
C compiler, you might want to take a look at /usr/include (or whatever is
defined as the default include directory on your system) and see whether
stdlib.h exists. If not, then you probably have to look at the compiler and
see if it put the .h files anywhere else. If you are still confused, your
best bet then is to contact your sysadmin about it...

				-Kartik

(I need a new .signature -- any suggestions?)
subbarao@{phoenix or gauguin}.Princeton.EDU -|Internet
kartik at silvertone.Princeton.EDU (NeXT mail)       -|
SUBBARAO at PUCC.BITNET			          - Bitnet