fd limit

Peter Eriksson pen at lysator.liu.se
Fri Oct 19 06:41:19 AEST 1990

We have a small problem here with our Sequent Dynix 2.1.1 (4.2BSD Unix) OS, in
that there is a limit of max 20 files open concurrently per process. This is
a much too small number. I've tried to find a place in the configuration
files were I could change this number, but alas has found none. So, now I'm
thinking of patching the object library (that is used to build the Dynix
kernel) - if I only knew which object file to look in. Any suggestions?
--
Peter Eriksson                                              pen at lysator.liu.se
Lysator Computer Club                             ...!uunet!lysator.liu.se!pen