RAM disk.

Jim Burns gt0178a at prism.gatech.EDU
Wed Oct 10 15:55:11 AEST 1990

in article <BZS.90Oct9144959 at world.std.com>, bzs at world.std.com (Barry Shein) says:

> 5. TSR's

> The MS/DOS community developed these out of utter desparation due to
> their single-tasking O/S and the way memory management was
> brain-damaged from the start. See "job control". Of no merit.

Wrong - unless you are using a windowing environment, and there are still
plenty of glass tube unices out there. And even then, few windowing
environments I've worked in can match the one or two keystroke responsive
- ness of a good TSR. (Granted, what you're talking about *does* apply to
the filter and os extension types of TSRs.)

P.S. - Since we don't get the alt. groups here, I don't know if that
(alt.religion.computers) is a real group, or just your idea of a joke,
but thanx - my mailer choked on it the first time around.
--
BURNS,JIM
Georgia Institute of Technology, Box 30178, Atlanta Georgia, 30332
Internet: gt0178a at prism.gatech.edu