Finding Passwords

Vadim G. Antonov avg at hq.demos.su
Thu Oct 11 04:02:54 AEST 1990

In article <BZS.90Oct9150046 at world.std.com> bzs at world.std.com (Barry Shein) writes:
>Wouldn't an uncatchable (except by a root process) SIGTSTOP character
>solve a lot of this relatively harmlessly?

Most of peoples will not to do it beacuse of laziness... etc. I'm quite
sure the protection is effective only when it's unavoidable (but reasonably
suitable in use, of course). Thus the system should force the user to
pass through security procedure before entering system.

(Curiousily, but I've inserted ^T in v6 tty driver, but later I removed it -
ps produces more readable output :-)

	Vadim Antonov
	DEMOS, Moscow, USSR
	(It is a joke!)