Using sdtlib.h on a Sun system

Geoff Clare gwc at root.co.uk
Wed Oct 3 23:51:02 AEST 1990

sy13220 at fmrco (Richard J. Niziak) wrote:
>I am fairly new to 'C' and am trying to complie a simple intro
>program on my Sun 4/370. I use two include headers, stdio.h and stdlib.h
>And when the complie goes through, it cannot find stdlib.h.

subbarao at phoenix.Princeton.EDU (Kartik Subbarao) replied:
>stdlib.h is an ANSI Cism. You can only use ANSI C if you have an ANSI C
>compiler (such as gcc).

While these two statements of Kartik's are both true, the implication
that you can only use stdlib.h if you have an ANSI 'C' compiler is not.
All POSIX conformant systems provide stdlib.h regardless of whether they
have a common 'C' or ANSI 'C' compiler.
--
Geoff Clare <gwc at root.co.uk>  (Dumb American mailers: ...!uunet!root.co.uk!gwc)
UniSoft Limited, Hayne Street, London EC1A 9HH, England.   Tel: +44-71-315-6600