Call for discussion, COMP.UNIX rereorganisation

Jay Maynard jmaynard at thesis1.hsch.utexas.edu
Fri Oct 12 05:16:32 AEST 1990

In article <0EC6YHA at xds13.ferranti.com>,
peter at ficc.ferranti.com (Peter da Silva) starts to write a Call for Discussion:
}After looking at other successful hierarchies, I've decided that there are
}a large number of potential UNIX groups that are missing from the comp.unix
}hierarchy...
}	comp.unix.wizards	Of, by, and for UNIX wizards
}	comp.unix.hackers	Of, by, and for UNIX hackers
}	comp.unix.gurus		Of, by, and for UNIX gurus
}	comp.unix.rumors	What OSF and UI will do next.
}	comp.unix.reviews	Reviews of UNIX software packages
}	comp.unix.vendors	Notes and complaints about UNIX vendors
}	comp.unix.tech		Technical discussion about UNIX
}	comp.unix.embedded	Embedded systems running UNIX
}	comp.unix.funny		Humorous articles about UNIX
}	comp.unix.clones	Minix, Coherent, etc...
}	comp.unix.futures	UNIX in the stock market
}	comp.binaries.unix	UNIX binaries, X backgrounds, etc.

...and then wimps out:
}By the way, :->

Why did you give up?? I'd vote for every last one of these!!

--
Jay Maynard, EMT-P, K5ZC, PP-ASEL | Never ascribe to malice that which can
jmaynard at thesis1.hsch.utexas.edu  | adequately be explained by stupidity.